Cakemommy

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Random deliciousness

Hello Kitty! The kitty is made from edible rice paper and I did the details with Wilton food writers. I used corn syrup and a paint brush to add the glitter to her dress and balloons and black licorice for the strings. The name Lyrik on top was made using my chocolate molds....cake stand from Winners...yeah I bought one in like every color they have...shameless.Well I haven't posted lately as sadly, there was a death in our family. I am super excited to be back in blogland and more excited at all the page views! This is just gunna be some hump day randomness...Here are a few cakes that I worked on during my hiatus for your perusal. Enjoy! Also sneak alert...there is an amazing Breakfast at Tiffanys party in the works two weeks from now...cant wait to share its deliciousness with all of you!
 My dear ol daddy loves golfing so I whipped this up using Wiltons paisley pan. I added some ice cream cone trees...you use regular cones, green royal icing and tip 18 or 21 and you let dry on wax paper. If you want different sizes, use a serrated knife to cut the trees shorter.
Barney...I didn't know kids still watched barney! Made this little guy with some modeling chocolate which wasn't as smooth as fondant but tastes way better. Modelling chocolate you say? Where do you buy that? Well you can make your own...good old Wilton candy melts! Use one bag of melted wilton candy melts and add a 1/4 light corn syrup. Stir well then refrigerate for two hours. Once out of the fridge, you knead like bread dough and it will become pliable. Then use as you would fondant. It tastes great. You can cut out shapes with cookie cutters and store in a ziploc bag.

 Who doesn't love chocolate pretzels! I had intentions of posting this for valentines but sadly my boyfriends father passed away just before and blogging was the furthest thing! Though I did these for valentines you can use them for a ton of different themes, treat bags or neighbor gifts. I started by buying some long pretzel rods at michaels, Wilton candy melts ( imagine if I received a dime every time I mentioned wilton Id be rich haha).Melt as usual in microwave in 30 second increments, stir in between. Then dip...I use a spoon sometimes to make sure it is evenly coated.
 Then jazz it up with a seasonal sprinke...for those in Red Deer...bulk barn has a huge selectiona nd its super cheap
 let dry on parchment or wax paper....
 embellish with a cute dollar store bag and ribbon...these babies are selling for 5.99 each at the winners store!! I think I spent like 7 bucks total to make 15 packages!!
 little lady...wilton football pan, I think its cuter than the lady bug pan as its 3d
 Monkey business...inside the cake was camo colored in several colors...weird lol but that's what was requested. Use a light colored batter and split into different bowls. Add wilton food gel coloring and stir to the color you wish and when you add it to the pan, you get the marbled effect once its cooked.
This little cutie is inspiration from Heidi Swapp's hello today stamps! I used the stamp to stamp the glasses on fondant, then I cut out and used melted chocolate to adhere it to my "hipster" cake pops! I also used her stamps to make the banners on the other pops, and a "good stuff" sticker to jazz it up :) the recipient loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment